Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Oh no :(

Horrors!!



I found a crack in my upper aligner on Day 9 of 2nd aligner while cleaning them in the morning :(

Had a few petrifying seconds with fleeting thoughts about how the crack came about, like was it during removal was it because i brushed them too hard was it because i held them the wrong way.... Thankfully, they were still pretty functional so I placed them back on and called my clinic for advice.

According to them, since the cracked aligner wasn't causing me pain or discomfort in any area, and since I have an appointment just a few days later, I could continue using the aligner until then. Of course, I could make a trip to the clinic immediately and let them have a look, but honestly I think they wouldn't be able to do much either - I mean, it's not like they can "glue" and seal the crack up right? I could also get a replacement of my 2nd aligner (which will take about 2 weeks to arrive and will cost $100) but I find that unnecessary since I'll be switching over to my 3rd aligner soon.

And so, I had my cracked aligner on for the next few days and prayed that it wouldn't crack further or even break.

Moral of the story?
Be really gentle with your aligners! >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment