Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 18

Yup it's quite a big gap from the previous time i recorded my short journey with invisalign.. but was too caught up with things and now i finally found some time!

Back from my previous update, the rough-edges issue was well-resolved with the trimming done at OSD, and my lips and tongue were much more comfortable a few days later. my ulcers were able to heal, and my tongue was able to adapt well to the aligners so lisp was about 90% gone by the end of my 1st set of aligners. hooray! :)

had my 2nd set of aligners on 24 Aug, and i had attachments bonded to my teeth as well. quite a number of them, cos i had a few problematic teeth that really needed to move, so i have "bigger" attachments on my upper canines, two small attachments each on my 4 upper premolars, and one small attachment each on my lower canines and premolars. the attachments are tooth-coloured, so personally, without the aligners on, i don't find them that noticeable unless someone looks very closely at my teeth. With aligners on, yes they're more visible. However, people who didn't know about my invisalign treatment still don't notice it until I tell them :)


top: without aligners
bottom: with aligners

attachments on the left side


attachments on the right side



With the attachments, putting the aligners on are still easy, but it's definitely harder to get them off. I struggled with the worry of breaking my nails or the aligners, and requested getting a tool from my dentist to pry the aligners off but was rejected cos I shouldn't be dependent on the tool. :( it does makes sense, yes.. and I'm glad my aligners cooperated and finally came off after lots of tugging and pulling. They still don't hurt my teeth or gums, though they can be very tight on the teeth when i'm halfway through removing them. My fingers did feel slightly sore from the tiny battle though :( Thankfully, removal of the aligners over the next few days got better and they're now as easily removed as my first set. There was also no difficulty with eating and brushing as well.

Another thing that I'm excited about is also that there are now gaps between my upper molars, which means my molars are moving backwards pretty signifcantly already! :) My dental floss doesn't even get stuck between adjacent molars anymore; it just goes right between them with no resistance! However, food does get stuck in that space more easily so flossing's much more necessary now. Lots of effort needed! But I suppose that's all worth it cos I'm starting to get someee results even from my 2nd set of aligners :) I can't wait to switch to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment